After reading Kamil’s V.I.S.I.T., or Vehicles I See In Traffic post featuring his recent Peugeot spotting, I have been a little more aware when driving around my local area keeping an eye out for something V.I.S.I.T. worthy. I want to share some Aussie car culture. So I thought it would be worth posting this photo of a recent lineup of cars I saw in traffic which my very helpful passenger managed to capture. It goes to show that car culture is alive and well in Australia and this was just during the week and not even on a way to an event.
Now to to break down what you are looking at from left to right:
- A red Holden Commodore SV6 Ute.
- The next lane over there is a red Holden Commodore SSV
- In front of the red SSV is another SSV in the cool colour name of Light My Fire. Both are V8 powered 4 door sedans. Both a VF models, which were the last model of the now-deceased Holden Commodore.
- Next to those is a Porsche 944 S2
- Followed by a VW Golf GTI and Mazda Rx8
So as you can see we have a rather good variety of vehicles on our roads here in Australia.
What have you seen recently in your local area that keeps your faith that Car Culture is not dying?