We all love Volvo Wagons here and when a “not perfect” V8-swaped longroof shows up on the list that our friend Craig created, I feel as though it is my duty to tell you hoons about it. The good news: 290RWHP LT1 with a 6-speed T56. The bad news: it’s very blue, and that’s about it.
[Source: Atlanta Craigslist] | Thanks for the tip Leo!]
From the ad:
1986 Volvo 740 wagon with Chevy 350 LT1 V8 / 6 speed conversion (originally a turbo 4 cylinder)
Runs great, driven regularly, this is the ultimate sleeper.
– Dyno testing produced 290 rear wheel horsepower / 325 foot pounds of torque (dyno sheet available)
– A/C blows cold
– Street & Performance Headers, X pipe into single 3″
– MSD Optispark replacement, MSD plug wires
– Passed emissions, although this is no longer required since the car is over 25 years old
– Replacement tweed interior, lots of extra interior parts included
– 3.73 gears with factory later model G80 locker
– T56 Six speed manual gives a great driving experience, double overdrive means 6th gear / 80 MPH = 2000 RPM
– This car is not perfect, it has small imperfections inside and out
– If this listing is still here the car is still available. I’m not interested in low offers: I am not desperate to sell. I am happy to answer questions about the car, I have owned it since 2006. If you wish to inspect the car please message me and we will arrange a time to meet at the QuickTrip at 1900 Lower Roswell Rd. 30068, preferably in the morning.
– I will consider trades for a ’08-up Waverunner (or pair) or a newer ATV.
Thank you for looking.
I understand imperfections in a 26 year old car. While the owner does not go into details regarding the imperfections of history of the vehicle, from the pictures and description it looks well put together; for instance, no random loose wired under the hood, quality parts and the A/C works.
The asking price of $6500 does not seem unreasonable either.