The Honda Civic is heading into it’s eleventh generation, and Honda has taken off the gloves for the 2022 Civic. The most obvious bit is the exterior, it’s a great looking car, definitely a bit of Accord in there. However, it’s the interior that I am most impressed with. So, what else is new?
- All-new simple, clean exterior and interior styling
- Civic first all-digital LCD instrument display (Touring)
- Standard new 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Available new HD 9-inch color touchscreen with wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Qi-compatible wireless charging (Touring)
- Enhanced architecture and stronger body
- More powerful and fuel-efficient 1.5-liter turbo engine
- Updated suspension and steering tuning for improved handling and ride
- Groundbreaking new front airbags designed to reduce traumatic brain and neck injuries
- Civic-first rear seat side airbags
- Updated Honda Sensing® system with new front wide-view camera, plus new Traffic Jam Assist and Low Speed Braking Control (Touring)
There will be four trim levels, LX, Sport, EX, and Touring. Like the outgoing Civic, two 4-cylinder engines will be available for the 2022 model:
- Standard in LX and Sport trims, the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder produces 158 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm (SAE net) and 138 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4,200 rpm
- For EX and Touring trims, the 1.5-liter turbo 4-cylinder produces 180 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm (SAE net) and 177 lb.-ft. of torque at 1,700 to 4,500 rpm (SAE net) on 87 octane gasoline, up 6 hp and 15 lb.-ft. of torque from last model year.
Let’s get to the pics, that’s why you’re here!
We look forward to seeing, and driving the new Civic once it’s out. I’m sure someone is already photoshopping what a Type R will look like.