Blipshift needs your help. Our t-shirt making friends have decided that they want a t-shirt based on the general “Hoon” theme, but they’re not sure what that shirt should look like. You, dear reader, probably know exactly what you want on a t-shirt, and that’s why we’re turning to you for some help.
Presenting the Hoondonkulous T-Shirt Idea Contest! (See, we told you we needed help…)
We’re looking for any and all ideas here. In fact, we’re willing to reward the one idea or design that is ultimately chosen. That person will wind up receiving a new GoPro camera and, more importantly, our love. Click past the break for full contest details, including how to submit your ideas or designs. Once submitted, your entry will be voted on by other people before ultimately falling to the eyes of a crack team of judges from Hooniverse and Blipshift.
THE HOONDONKULOUS T-SHIRT IDEA CONTEST
Time to turn your at-work daydreaming of hoon into something productive. Turn your puddle-of-drool-worthy imagination into a t-shirt design idea! Hooniverse and blipshift are teaming up to bring you the Hoondonkulous T-Shirt Idea Contest!
Simple. Follow the steps below.
• Think of a hoondonkulous idea for a shirt design.
• Sketch, draw or write your idea down. Take a photo of it.*
• Share your idea on Twitter or Instagram with hashtag #hoondonk to enter or submit your idea on the Submit an entry tab of this page.
The winning entry gets shirtified by blipshift
That’s right, we’ll turn your idea into artwork for a shirt and feature it on blipshift.com!
You can view and vote on entries by going to the View Entries tab. Entries by Instagram and Twitter may take 30-60 minutes to appear. One entry per day per entry method allowed. For details, check the Official Rules.
*We’ll accept completed designs as entries too. If your entry wins, you get the Contest prize PLUS your design will be sold according to blipshift’s Artist Terms. Cha-ching!.
WIN A GoPRO 3 Silver CAMERA AND YOUR IDEA GOES ON A SHIRT!
That’s right. Think fame (sorta) and fortune (as in a GoPro 3 Black camera).
One winner will be selected using a highly engineered algorithm approved by NASA. Here is how it works:
• Entries are voted on by you, friends, followers, fans, etc. during the Contest Period. Get everyone you know to vote for you!
• A judging panel comprised of the jokers from Hooniverse and knuckleheads from blipshift will also evaluate entries
• The combination of fan votes and judging will result in ONE winner. More details in the Official Rules.
Enter: Now til Wednesday, July 3 at 10 PM EDT.
Voting: Now til Thursday, July 4 at 10 PM EDT
Official contest rules, if you want to read them
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO WIN
Hoondonkulous T-Shirt Idea Photo Contest Official Rules
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand they are providing information to the administrators of the contest and not to Facebook.
This Photo Contest (“Contest”) is open to US residents age eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account. Entrants under age eighteen (18) must have permission from a parent or legal guardian. Employees, directors, and/or officers (including immediate family members or members of the household) of blipshift or Hooniverse (“Sponsors”), their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) which shall be final in all respects.
2. How to Enter
• To enter the Contest, entrant must take a picture of a written description, sketch, drawing or other representation of their design idea for a shirt that embodies the notion of “hooning”. Entrant may submit their photo entries using one of the following methods:
• Online entry via Facebook: Go to the blipshift Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Blipshift. Click on the link for “Hoondonkulous”. Entrant may upload their photo using the form provided.
• Online entry via Instagram. Submit photos using the Instagram application. If entrant does not have an Instagram account, entrant can sign up for a free account. Entrant must have a device that supports the Instagram application such as an iOS or Android device. Entrant may submit their photo by using the hashtag #hoondonk in the caption.
• Online entry via Twitter. Submit photos using the Twitter application. If entrant does not have a Twitter account, entrant can sign up for a free account. Entrant must have a device that supports the Twitter application such as an iOS or Android device. Entrant may submit their photo by using the hashtag #hoondonk in the caption.
• The Contest begins on June 19, 2013 at 11:30:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Contest Period”). The Contest voting begins on June 19, 2013 at 11:30:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) (the “Contest Voting Period”). One (1) entry per day is permitted per entry method. If additional entries are submitted, only the first entry per day per entry method will be eligible for the Contest.
• Each entry must be original and taken by the entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work and that the entry does not incorporate or include anything that violates any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party.
• Entries may not contain any material which may be deemed defamatory, harasses or threatens others.
• Entries may not include any material that is patently offensive, including blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
• The Contest winner retains all rights to any submissions-including ownership if applicable-other than those rights licensed in the next sentence. By entering this Contest, the Contest winner hereby grants Sponsors a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and adapt into design their submission.
3. Selection of Winners.
• Each entry submitted as described in Section 2 must be approved for posting on the Contest website by a member of Sponsors’ judging panel. Entries may be approved or rejected based on suitability for the Contest at Sponsors’ sole discretion. Only those entries that are approved for posting will be deemed eligible to win the Contest.
• Representatives of the judging panel will score the entries based on the following criteria: voting (40%), creativity (40%), and topicality (20%). One (1) first place winners will be chosen by the judging panel.
• For purposes of this Contest, a “vote” means a vote cast on the Contest website, by a “unique voter.” A “unique voter” is an individual person: (a) who has registered a valid Facebook account according to the Facebook Terms of Service and (b) has unique registration information that is not duplicative of another voter’s information. A unique voter may vote no more than once per day for a unique entry. In addition, if the Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that an abuse of the “unique voter” rule has occurred, Sponsors may disqualify votes cast by such voters or entrants, including if more than five (5) of such voters or entrants registered from the same computer “IP address” in the Contest Voting Period.
• All decisions made by the judging panel are final.
4. Notification of Winners.
• Winners will be notified by one of the following methods:
• If entry via Facebook: Winners will be notified by email using the email address submitted with the Contest entry.
• If entry via Instagram: Winners will be notified via comment by the account @blipshift” on the winning entry in Instagram.
• If entry via Twitter: Winners will be notified via twitter reply by the account “@blipshift” on the winning entry submitted by tweet.
• Regardless of notification method, winners will be notified within five (5) business days of the judging, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification.
• Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by Instagram.
• The prize to be awarded is as follows:
• One (1) GoPro HERO3 Silver Edition camera. Retail value: $399.99
• One (1) blipshift t-shirt with design inspired by the winning idea. Retail value: $15
• Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or substitution will be allowed, except at Sponsors’ discretion. If the prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors also reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest or these Official Rules if any factor beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest, as determined by Sponsors, in their sole discretion. By participating, where allowed by law, entrant grants Sponsors the worldwide right to publish, broadcast and use in any media, including the World Wide Web, entrant’s photo, name, picture, and likeness, without limitation, for promotional and advertising purposes without additional compensation.
• By participating in this Contest, entrant (and if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parents or legal guardians) accepts all risk and consequences of entry and participation in this Contest, and agrees to release and hold Sponsors, their officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents and partners harmless from any and all consequences, liability, losses, damages (including without limitation, consequential, punitive, incidental, special or increased damages and those related to personal injury, death or damage to property) and costs and expenses, of any kind, under any legal theory, arising from or related to this Contest, including but limited to entrant’s entry and participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or use (or misuse) of any prize, printing errors, any claims based upon rights of publicity and invasion of privacy. Entrant shall indemnify Sponsors, their officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to entrant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warrantees or representations made relating to this Contest. Sponsors assume no responsibility for errors which may occur in the transmission of entrant’s entry. Sponsors are not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of the entrants. Should an entrant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Rules, such entrant shall be subject to immediate disqualification.
• The Internal Revenue Service requires Form 1099-MISC to be issued and filed for each recipient who received a prize/award if the annual aggregate is at least $600 or more. The recipient is responsible for any income tax liability and should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Entrant agrees and consents to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York for any and all claims arising from or related to this Contest. Entrant agrees that all claims relating to this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
8. Entire Agreement.
These terms set forth the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether oral or written.
9. Winner’s List, Official Rules.
For a list of the Contest winners available at least seven (7) days after the end of the Contest Period send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: blipshift, Hoondokulous T-Shirt Idea Contest Winners, PO Box 290H, Scarsdale, NY 10583.