In news we missed until just now, Saleen says it is ready to offer a fully modified version of the Ford Bronco. The kit looks pretty amazing since it wears a Big Oly tribute livery and sports massive fenders. But we’re not sure what Saleen is doing to the engine of the truck. Regardless, here’s a rundown of what Saleen says you would expect to find from its potential Bronco build:
- Saleen front bumper with Integrated LED Light Array and forged carbon skid plate
- Saleen Grille surround in forged carbon with Baja Blue accent color
- Saleen Design composite front fenders with integrated forged carbon fender vent
- Saleen Power Hood
- Dual A-Pillar mount LED driving light
- Roof Mount Pro 8 light bar
- Saleen rocker panel guards
- Body Color removable roof with Saleen Design modular roof rack
- Saleen Design composite rear fenders and quarter panel
- Saleen adjustable rear roof spoiler
- Saleen rear tire carrier and rear bumper
- ‘Big Oly’ inspired winning livery with Olympia insignia and Baja Blue accent.
The composite fenders look great. The light bars add proper off-road cred, and the skid plate is interesting. Still, I’m more curious about performance upgrades for this thing. I have to assume Saleen would aim to top the 400-horsepower put forth by the Bronco Raptor. And that’s certainly possible. But I’ll wait to dole out dust-covered thumbs up until we see and hear one of these things in the composite flesh.
It does look cool though, I can give them that…
Leave a Reply