I'll take obscure Italo-American hybrids for $2,087, Alex: The OSI 20M TS

OSI 20M TS for saleHybrids that combined Detroit motors with European chassis and coachwork were arguably the best cars of the 60s and 70s: Cobra, GT40, Pantera, ISO, Tiger, Intermeccanica, IKA Torino, etc. If only for its unintelligible alphanumeric name, the most obscure might be the OSI 20M TS: a rebodied Ford Taunus made by Italian sheet metal design firm Officine Stampaggi Industriali, Sergio Sartorelli in particular (Link for history on the brand). Given the roots of the Taunus and Cologne V6 powering the car, Italo-American might be a bit of a stretch; more like Italo-German.

Anyway, let’s see what this example (1 of 5 in the US according to the seller) has to offer…

OSI 20M TSOSI 20M TS interior

Overall the body has a bit of Fiat-Dino-meets-Ford-Maverick look. Check out the potential with that restored interior. Gorgeous.

Of course, between the current condition of this example and the inspirational shots in the ad lies infinity hours of bodywork followed by infinity hours tracking down things like window seals and interior trim followed by a couple quick weekends to get a running V6 and four speed in place. Totally feasible. And for all that hard work, you’ll have the pleasure of people tuning out before you’re even halfway done telling them what your car actually is.

1968 OSI 20M TS for sale – eBay Motors

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The maximum upload file size: 64 MB. You can upload: image, audio, video. Links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and other services inserted in the comment text will be automatically embedded. Drop files here

  1. Wayne Moyer Avatar
    Wayne Moyer

    I’ll be curious to see what the reserve is on this.

  2. mdharrell Avatar

    “…you’ll have the pleasure of people tuning out before you’re even halfway done telling them what your car actually is.”
    That’s… that’s normal, right?

    1. Tiller188 Avatar

      If it isn’t…well, I’ve always said being “normal” is boring. Of course, in this case the other party involved might hold the opposite opinion.

  3. CruisinTime Avatar

    80 % of the parts are there,and neither love nor money will find you the other 20%

  4. mr smee Avatar
    mr smee

    Looks like an Aston Martin, if Aston Martin had been an Italian company, an Astona Martini, so-to-speak.

    1. mad_science Avatar


  5. Sjalabais Avatar

    I’ve only ever seen them on BaT and they can be really sharp. Breathtakingly so:

    1968 OSI 20M TS 2.3

    Originality will be an issue with this one, but a tasteful redo can be just as nice. Ford parts are certainly ubiquitous.

  6. dukeisduke Avatar

    Seeing those awful wires on it, I thought it should be bagged, with an SBC under the hood, given the full low rider treatment. But, I’d lean more toward a restomod, with a 302, either carbureted or FI (like a ’90s Mustang GT motor with the roller cam, GT40 heads, etc.) and a five-speed, or, going even more modern, a 5.0 Coyote and a six-speed. You’ll never find all the parts anyway, so screw originality.
    That steering wheel looks like it’s Mk. I Capri.

    1. jeepjeff Avatar

      Ford eventually doubled the displacement on that V6, and the most modern version was used as the base engine for the ’05-’10 Mustang. I don’t know how much Ford changed the engine over the years, but gutting a base ‘stang might make for an easier swap than either a 302 or SBC.

  7. kogashiwa Avatar

    It looks like a longer, lower RX-4, and should therefore have a turbo 13B swapped in.
    Or is it too early in the day to be drinking?

    1. dukeisduke Avatar

      It’s never too early!

    2. sporty88 Avatar

      If you’re going to go the rotary route, why not go for a 3-rotor 20B – I’d be pretty sure there’s enough room.

      1. kogashiwa Avatar

        I would certainly be the last person to ever object to a 20B.

  8. Tanshanomi Avatar

    There’s a whole lot of really wavy sheet metal there. I can only imagine the time and skill required to make it look pristine. No thank you, I’ll stick to bikes; fuel tanks and fenders are bad enough!

    1. Vairship Avatar

      Maybe find a ‘bike with square fuel tanks and fenders? If GM can make square fenders for round wheels, why not motorbikes?

%d bloggers like this: