This week we focus first on visionary motorcycle designer and racer Michael Czysz, who passed away earlier this month. We then move on to discuss the legendary Manx TT. Many of Czysz’s achievements came on the island’s Snaefell Mountain Course on the Isle of Man. The 37.75 mile road course is home to the world’s oldest motorcycle race, dating back to 1907, and quite possibly the world’s most dangerous. Just weeks away from this year’s event, we delve into the Tourist Trophy’s storied history and unique stature, share a bit of Manx history, and discuss the effect of racing there over the years.
We don’t have bike photos for you this week, but here are few links related to this week’s conversation:
- The Greatest Show on Earth TT video montage on YouTube
- Racing schedule at the official Manx TT website
- Real estate agent’s listing for Kate’s Cottage
- The 30th Anniversary Edition of the film Take it to the Limit on DVD
- More Historical and Modern Manx TT videos from Duke Video