Home » Cars and Coffee »Featured » Currently Reading:

Cars and Coffee Is Ready for Its Closeup

CarsandCoffee

You’ve no doubt heard about Cars and Coffee, the Saturday morning staple that began in a Newport Beach strip mall and grew to take up an entire parking lot (and then some) in the Irvine Business Park that houses Mazda and Taco Bell. You’ve probably even seen the pictures, which offer a taste of the experience, and some of the amazing vehicles that make the scene.

But what is it like to actually experience the event? Well, for those of us who call Southern California home that’s a pretty easy question to answer, it’s effing awesome. For those of you who are not within a reasonable driving distance, or who can’t find it in yourself to get up early enough on a Saturday morning, this cool video by David Mavro will give a taste. And you can even stay in bed to watch it.

Check it out after the jump. It’s got dogs in it too!

Source: Vimeo

1. Scandinavian Flick ★ says:

I love these anything-goes type events. No brand, value, or style specifications. If it has wheels and you love it, come out and share it!

2. Rust-MyEnemy says:

Wow. That had higher production values than some of the cars.

What they really need is for me to turn up with my Rover. Show 'em how it's done.

3. $kaycog says:

Nice video, and something for everybody. For me, there's a Ford GT at 00:10 with an elderly gentleman sitting in it wearing a jacket to match the GT.

4. Tanshanomi says:

Cool video — but no, it doesn't make me feel like I've been there. The thing that makes or breaks a car event isn't the cars, it's the people. Are they easygoing? Knowledgeable? Encouraging? Gracious? A voiceover of the conversations going on would have been more interesting to me than an echo-y doompt-doompt-doompt-doompt loop.

5. Hosh Joward says:

I pity those people who drive stickshifts to Cars and Coffee. They might spill some on their lap and get a nasty burn.

6. engineerd says:

You had me at "it's got dogs in it".

7. Irishzombieman☆ says:

Aaach! Blue Aventador @ 1:40! Wow that;' pretty!

Edir: Mew ergonomic keyboar. Learing to type all over agaim,

8. PushrodRWD says:

What a great cross section of the automotive world! That van get's my vote for "best mid-engine" from the other day, .

9. Nick says:

Anyone know what the blue wagon at 0:52 is? I can't make out the badging on the back…

Is it a Volvo 122S or an Amazon maybe?