Home » Hoonivercinema »Vintage Racing » Currently Reading:

Video: ’49 Shoebox Ford sneaks out onto the Circuit of the Americas

cota

“49 Shoebox, Circuit of the Americas, let’s take a lap – first time ever.” So goes the declaration in the beginning, and then it’s pedal to the metal as the scalloped, pinstriped, cream white cruiser tours the track in a rascally fashion. According to the videographers, it’s the first custom car ever to get on the COTA asphalt.

There are vehicles less suited to track duty, but they are few and far between. The piloting gentlemen, called Sponge and Bestwick, sound genuinely excited in the tracktime vid. Check the squealy, thrummy video after the jump.

YouTube Preview Image

[Hat tip to Zach B!]

1. MVEilenstein says:

"Dude, this track is savage!"

Love it.

2. Batshitbox says:

With a team name like Sponge & Bestwick I just knew they had to be Englishmen. (Although I've been known to get colonial accents completely wrong.)

Also, Hokey Ass Message Board T-shirt wins the prize.

3. longrooffan says:

That is freaking awesome!! Best view of the COTA I've seen yet.

4. joedunlap says:

Seeing that car on that circuit is just…well……I think my head is gonna 'asplode!

5. sporty88au says:

I've got to agree, that is pretty awesome. Especially the soundtrack.

My first thought was, "The only way this is going to be trumped for inappropriateness on a racetrack, is for somebody to take a Trabant to the Nurburgring". A short Google search reveals that it has already been done, at least twice.

6. nutzforautos says:

No, it would be a 68 Cadillac Coupe Deville at Francorchamps.

7. sponge says:

Thanks glad tyou guys liked the video, it was fun and that track is tight. The car is for sale http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php