Someone did this on purpose.
[Editor’s Note: Ladies and Gentlemen, THE Pete Gaines…]
Dogs. Balls. Dogs. Balls. Smart fortwo. Dogs. Balls. I…I…there are just so many questions. Not necessarily questions I want answers to, but questions nonetheless. Let’s work through this together.
1) An observation. You don’t see a lot of Smart cars in the venerated pages of Craigslist. That’s why this stood out in the first place. Smart fortwo owners – I could be wrong on this, I try not to associate with Smart car owners – seem like the kinds of people to deal exclusively in trade-ins and with dealerships. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
2) It’s a “Smart fortwo Passion.” Nothing says automotive passion like a Smart fortwo.
3) Balls. Balls everywhere. Balls. Balls!
4) Dog. Who doesn’t love a dog? Nobody, that’s who. But, um, why is there a vinyl retriever wrapped on the side of a 2013 car with 700 miles on it in southeast Minnesota? NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.
5) “Just need to move out of my garage.” At least it’s got standard-issue Craigslist excuse making. I suppose “wife wants me to get rid of my toys” wouldn’t work as well here.
WARNING: Must have serious balls, or serious lack thereof, to drive this.
A 2013 Smartcar in southeast Minnesota.
With 700 miles on it.
Covered in dogs and balls (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH “DOG BALLS.”)
On Craigslist. In Chicago.
SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. So few answers. If you buy it, lemme know, OK? This totally seems like a Hooniverse-demographic purchase.