Home » Last Call » Currently Reading:

Last Call- Last Laugh Edition

Robert Emslie February 1, 2013 Last Call

Last Call

There’s this joke I like and it goes something like this: My grandfather was a bus driver. When I die, I want to go just like him, quietly and in my sleep. And not screaming in a horrible fiery death. . .  like his passengers.

It’s good to have a sense of humor about things, even when one of those things is pushing up daisies. This mom  may have passed on, but the parking meter next to her tombstone bears out the epitaph upon it that her humor lives on.

Image source: [Imgur]

1. POLAЯ says:

64 is a ripoff. My guess is if she could come back and change one thing, it would be to have more ¢hange.

2. OA5599 says:

I hope her family brings plenty of change when they visit, There's a reason they call the place Boot Hill.

3. Alff says:

Call me a hopeless romantic, but I'd put a quarter in that … then don my zombie protection gear.

Also, I think they spelled her last name wrong now that she helps the flowers grow.
    '

4. BobWellington says:

Ol' Barb couldn't change her ways, ended up taking a quarter of her life away.

5. $kaycog says:

She died on her birthday. RIP, Barbara Sue.

6. For life is quite absurd
    And death's the final word
    You must always face the curtain with a bow
    Forget about your sin – give the audience a grin
    Enjoy it – it's your last chance anyhow

So always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath
    Life's a piece of shit
    When you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
    You'll see it's all a show
    Keep 'em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you

(monty python unequaled as always)

7. mdharrell says:

Alas, her humor did not pass undiluted to her children, as the joke is greatly spoiled by forcing attention to it with that last line.

Living your life, two hours at a time.

9. dukeisduke says:

Okay, her's her record at findagrave.com.

She's buried in Okemah, Oklahoma. She wanted the meter, and to be buried on the front row, facing the road. The meter was bought by her children on eBay, about a year after she was buried. Go check it out!