Home » Finnish Line » Currently Reading:

Finnish Line – Pontiac Fiero Formula Under Snow

Antti Kautonen January 23, 2013 Finnish Line

snow_fiero_1

It’s not too often that I feature the same car twice. The town and the country are well enough filled with interesting cars, so there’s rarely need to re-run stuff or do a clip show. However, this time this Fiero looks just a bit sadder than before, not to mention somewhat abandoned on a garage parking lot.

I featured it back in March, back when it did grocery runs no problem; now it sits frozen still while the snowplows just choose to drive around it.

snow_fiero_3

The 1989-registered Fiero probably belongs to a guy wrenching for a living at the garage, and it looks like it’s encountered a problem and frozen. The snow masks its shape somewhat comically, with the light pods sticking out and the rear window looking like a pillbox on a snowy mountainside.

snow_fiero_6

It’s not too clearly visible on this shot, but the side cladding ahead of the driver’s side rear wheel has been removed, probably for parts access. I have no idea what it’s like to wrench on a late-model Fiero, whether you can reach parts easily.

[Images: Copyright 2012 Hooniverse/Antti Kautonen]

1. boxdin says:

Multi 88 Fiero owner for many years. Latest is a wonderful beater and a joy to drive.

2. Stigshift says:

Since I'm incapacitated and using a friend's borrowed iPad I have no idea how to post pictures. But that first picture reminds me of Chairy from The Pee Wee Herman Show.

• fodder650 says:

First I agree about it looking like Chairy.

Now I read your comment as "Since I'm incarcerated" and thought that "Well that's new".

3. C³-Cool Cadillac Cat says:

Dude, I'm pretty sure that's a Lambo.

4. Tanshanomi says:

The '88 Formula stands alone at the pinnacle of Fiero-dom*: the revised steering ans suspension with the OG body. Perfection.

*that's not a very high hill to climb, though, is it?

5. dukeisduke says:

I went back and looked at the earlier pictures, and noticed the amber rear turn signals. It must be an official export Fiero, since US models didn't have those.