Home » Hoonivercinema » Currently Reading:

From YouTube to Live Hot Pursuit Coverage in 30 Seconds Flat

Greg Kachadurian January 15, 2013 Hoonivercinema

youtubecarchase

This is just too perfect. What starts out as a typical YouTube video of some guy’s TV showing a police chase in Inglewood, California takes a rather sudden and unexpected turn for the better. Just wait for it… Also if you’re at work and don’t wish to hear YouTuber Jason Lee eloquently summarize his once-in-a-lifetime experience, be mindful of the volume.

Check out the video by clicking past the jump.

YouTube Preview Image

Source: YouTube via Reddit

1. Sjalabais says:

I don't know why American police chases always look like a circus. I guess the Blues Brothers ruined that for me – can't take it serious.

Prefer the Scandinavian flick.
    ("unable to parse url" when I try "embed video")

2. dukeisduke says:

I saw that on Jimmy Kimmel's show last night. Crazy.

• Vairship says:

I just don't understand why this was on every news outlet in the world. Surely this isn't the first time a police chase has gone past someone's house?
      I mean, I can see this being a somewhat entertaining YouTube video, but on an actual serious newscast? And the traditional media wonder why they're losing viewers to blogs…

3. LTDScott says:

*throws 3D TV in the trash*

4. dead_elvis says:

I've never understood why people shoot video of their televisions. Still don't, even if this was an amusing convergence.

• Alice says:

I find this blog post really interesting to read. The social media sites YouTube and Facebook has become the lifeline of the people. Thanks a lot for posting such a wonderful blog. My regards to you.
      get views on YouTube

5. Batshitbox says:

Woo Hoo! 15 years of living in a house with chicken wire embedded in the front windows finally paid off! I'm famous on YouTube!! I'm that guy who's so bored I video tape my TV, and I live in a suburban prison compound! Yay! Wait you're already drifting away…

• JeffieWasHere says:

Judging by the lighting, and what I think is an EXIT sign you can see in the reflection on the windows, I don't think this is a house.

6. Felis_Concolor says:

Ring, ring, ring.
    "Hello?"
    "Hi, Dan."
    "Oh, hi; what's up?"
    "I'm watching COPS. I can see your house."
    "Fuck. I'm moving."
    "I'll bring my van, and drive whatever big truck you rent."
    We had been encouraging him to move for a year; within 3 weeks of that phone call he had picked up and moved 15 miles west to a much quieter and more pleasant neighborhood.

7. C³-Cool Cadillac Cat says:

Makes me wonder just how bad the neighborhood is, you need metal-reinforced windows in a house.

Oh, Inglewood.

Never mind.

Well, it's a damn sight better than those 3D movies.