Home » Featured »The Hooniverse » Currently Reading:

The Hooniverse – Getting to know the 2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage

aston martin vantage lead

Today we present to you a new way to ignore work. It’s called “The Hooniverse”, and its a brand new style for us to present video projects to you. We added a “the” to the name because we’ve upped the amount of effort and skill involved in the production of these videos.

For the inaugural episode, allow me to introduce the Aston Martin V12 Vantage. This is a car that we’ve been dying to drive since it first burst forth from behind the Gaydon curtain. We spent a week with the car, and it was one of the few vehicles we had to think long and hard about not taking on a run to Mexico, never to return.

Click past the break for the first episode in the new series, and stay tuned because we have a few more already in the works. It’s not just new car clips either. Well, the next episode is a new car… but we’re involving other vehicles going forward as well. Remember Tom’s Firebird? Get ready for before and after episodes, because we’ve got some plans for it (and they involve our friends at Hotchkis). How does a cruise in an old Cadillac sound? Or perhaps a bit of wheel-spun fun from behind the wheel of a Saleen Fox Body? That’s all coming… and more.

For now… let’s kick it off with that V12 Vantage.

UPDATE: Yes, the video’s here now…

;

1. MVEilenstein says:

";"

I don't know what to do with this information.

2. needthatcar says:

…MORE!!! I NEED MORE!!!

3. Graverobber says:

Sorry all, we're experiencing some technical difficulties with embedded videos. Working to get it fixed.

4. danleym says:

This isn't just any car website, it's "THE" Hooniverse.

You know, like Ohio State isn't just any college, it's "THE" Ohio State University.

5. pj134 says:

My request: if you drive an old Cadillac get one with the 4 note horn and lay on it for a minute and a half.

6. Mad_Science says:

Fixed…sorry 'bout that…

7. smokyburnout says:

How close did you get to the curb at 2:05?

8. Rust-MyEnemy says:

Are those wheels not a bit, er, catalogue?

Whoa, mind the kerb, Jeff!

Still, I think you may have just won Aston Martins Salesman of the year award.

I will personally sponsor (to the tune of one Fray Bentos Tinned Pie) The first LeMons team to build an Aston V12 engine out of two 3.0 Duratecs.

9. wunno sev says:

badass videos of driving dope as fuck rides

you know how google will give you a link to a popular website in the suggested results if you have google instant turned off? the day hooniverse started showing up in that link, that was the day i knew hooniverse was doin' it big

10. Mad_Science says:

I love the unintentional chuckle at "British engineering…" so true…

Not that anyone here really cares, but stringing together long explanatory narration takes like those is not trivial. Seriously, just try to delivery more than 2 sentences in a row while driving without randomly pausing, swearing or losing your train of thought. Good work Sr Glucker.

I am, however, disappointed with our commentariat for not delivering any embarrassing photochops yet. Topic suggestions:
    Driving the car without being inside the interior
    "Why can't I hold all this carbon?!"
    Mr Bond disagrees
    Jeff plus film crew on the side of the road attempting to hammer and polish a gouge out of $2000 wheel
    Ortega highway = road made entirely of chips and salsa

11. Maxichamp says:

Great job on the narration, writing, driving, filming, and editing. Proud to be a part of this here organization.

12. Dean Bigglesworth says:

I was exhausted when i watched this yesterday, and it took me until you mentioned the manual transmission at around 2 minutes before i had a "wait a minute… manual? this isn't the Vanquish" moment…

13. rpdred6 says:

awesome video, good review too!

14. Jeff Glucker says:

I just saw part of the Cadillac rough cut – it's even better than this one… man these guys get sick shots. I just yammer, while they do the real creative work.

15. SSurfer321 says:

Diggin the Blipshift shirt. I've bought a few off them. Sadly I hesitated on the "Add Lightness" shirt and now don't own it.

Awesome video too! Great narration with fantastic production.