Home » Last Call » Currently Reading:

Last Call- Wrapped Up Raptor(?) Edition

Robert Emslie December 3, 2012 Last Call

It’s not often you get passed on the highway by a military fighter jet, despite the unfair advantage a pair of turbofans does offer. The snapper of this blue bundled twin fin surmises it’s an F22 Raptor by the shape, but from the engine cones it looks more like an F-18 to me. What do you think? Whatever it is, it’s a pretty cool highway find, and one you might just want to follow to see if its destination is somewhere below stately Wayne Manor.

Image: [Imgur

1. McQueen says:

Damn looks like the Russians lost another plane

2. Dan says:

Its an F18, not an F22

This guy, I think we better let him hog the left lane.

4. BobWellington says:

That's pretty nuttastic, if I do say so myself.

5. ZomBee Racer says:

I immediately recognized the silhouette of a Hornet as well. Hadn't seen this particular style of moving-blanket cover, but did see a couple F-18s shrink wrapped for shipping from Japan after hard landings at sea back in the early 90's.

The Raptor has quite different tail fins, both in shape and angle of placement, not to mention an overall wider, more "squat" shape.

6. rovingardener says:

This is gonna be the Best Christmas Ever.

7. Devin says:

Finally, collecting those Pepsi Points pays off.

8. Sjalabais says:

If you first go speeding in a truck, this one is the one to do it in.

Reminds me of the English officer radaring a Tornado jet across the North Sea – autocar.co.uk.

9. Rust-MyEnemy says:

Do you think the guy from Rags To Riches missed the part of the memo that said AMC?

10. detroitmuscle says:

Let me take a shot at it..
    I think today's Mystery Plane is really a 200% scale model of a 57 Cadillac.
    Yep,I'm pretty sure.

11. Iker says:

It is an F-18 superhornet. The hunck in the back, and the cutting shape of the rudders is pretty self explanatory. Did not have canopy but the engines where there. If the engines are missing it will have an emptly space next to the rudders. By the way it is being transported and the fact that the wings are missing, it does looks like a hard trapping-on-carrier to me. It is very rear on the superhornet due to the fact that their ASLS executes pretty good in coordination with the carrier.

12. TrueBlue315 says:

"We seemed to have stirred up one helluva Hornet's nest, sir."