Home » Announcements » Currently Reading:

One Hundred Million, E.T.

Tanshanomi December 1, 2012 Announcements

Tim posted (or at least time-stamped) the first Hooniverse post, “About” on 2009/09/30 at 10:03:04 PM. So, according to the ol’ elapsed time calculator, Hooniverse is 100,000,000 seconds old right…NOW.

That’s all. Just thought you’d all like to have an excuse to celebrate. Enjoy your Saturday.

1. longrooffan says:

Man…you are the greatest. I needed another reason to Celebrate Life. I can always count on my fellow Hoons for one.

I was going to wait till afternoon, but this is the best excuse I've seen yet to crack open that pink Champale. Happy exceedence of one and one-eighth's thousand days!

3. POLAЯ says:

Not much different from a Mitsubishi i MiEV's 0-60 time.

4. Batshitbox says:

That's a hundred million seconds young, mister! 100,000,000 seconds is the new 10,000,000 seconds, you know. Sure, the life expectancy of a car blog a hundred million seconds ago was pathetic, but this is the 21st century. With modern advances in cross-format focusing on your target market of propellerheads that have read everything on Atomic Toasters already today, why, there's no telling how long Hooniverse will last! Retirement at 700,000,000 seconds? Not likely, you'll be hacking away at the blogosphere far longer than previous internet stalwarts.

• gearz1 says:

Not only read everything at Atomic Toasterworld,but may have solved some kind of quandary.
      Sent from a hot wired Buick on the wrong side of town.

• Irishzombieman says:

I need to buy you a beer sometime.

• Batshitbox says:

10-4 good buddy! After my pal's 4WD Scout pulled up lame I haven't been going out to Frank Raines OHV park. Which is closer, IIRC, to your little patch of paradise than SF is. Though he's got the parts in the garage, maybe we'll be down that way in spring?

• Irishzombieman says:

Two or three hours north of me. Looks like a really fun place. My wife has managed to take up nearly all our weekends, but let me know if you're heading over. Might be able to kick loose for a while.

5. Rover1 says:

Well done Hooniverse. You don't take us for granted and conversely we don't take you for granted – or is it the other way round?
    Here's to the next 100 000 000 seconds !

6. Tom Lee says:

BRAVO ZULU,

AND I HOPE THERE ARE 200000000 MORE SECONDS,
    AFTER EMAIL, THIS SITE IS MY CHOICE EVERY DAY.
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.