Home » Car Shows »Hooniverse Truck Thursday »LA Auto Show » Currently Reading:

LAAS 2012: The Gulf of Galpin – 1966 Ford Bronco with extra motivation under hood

Galpin Auto Sports has a sizable presence in the underbelly hall at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show. We’re glad they bought out some space, because they brought along this 1966 Ford Bronco that is sporting a paint scheme you might be familiar with. The orange and blue look excellent on this pumped-up machine. When we say pumped up, we mean it because under the hood sits a 6.2-liter V8 that pumps out 540 horsepower.

Oh Beau Boeckmann, how you tantalize us. This almost makes us forget about your run on Pimp My Ride.

…almost.

1. FuzzyPlushroom says:

Oh, dear. Skaycog is going to need a moment.

• $kaycog says:

That's lovely……..hella lovely! I'm reminded of the '66 Bronco in my previous life that we restored and put a 351C in it.

2. jeepjeff says:

Ooh. OX diff cover on the front axle. Do Want (one for my Jeep).

• Mad_Science says:

Well, specifically the thing behind said diff cover.

Though, for the money I'd go with the Auburn Ected: LSD when off, spool when on.

• jeepjeff says:

Definitely specifically the thing behind the cover. Although, I think you can buy the cover separately, if you just want to be a d-bag.

I hadn't found the Auburn Ected. It's an interesting option, particularly since it looks to be about the same price as the OX and it's LSD when off (although: clutch pack LSD, which wear out every 50k or so). Looks like they'd be particularly good in the snow (which is my main 4WD use case). I'm seeing mixed reviews out there, but that might just be the fact that everyone who has problems complains on the internet…

3. smalleyxb122 says:

Mother of God! That Bronco is all kinds of awesome. As sacrilegious as it may seem to have it painted up all Gulfy, there isn't a damn thing about it that I don't like. Well played, Galpin.

4. dukeisduke says:

Need more pictures.

That's way more motor that that chassis has any business knowing about.

6. Jethrine says:

What doesn't look good in Gulf livery?