Home » Hoonivercinema » Currently Reading:

Krazy Kimi Kam – Brazilian F1 Race

Robert Emslie November 27, 2012 Hoonivercinema

It’s hard to say what sort of GPS Kimi Räikkönen and Team Lotus are using, or maybe it was just the rain that caused the disorientation, but this off-track – and off-road – excursion during the Interlagos F1 race is pretty classic. It’s so classic in fact that Kimi took the same wrong turn during the 2001 race. Cue the Benny Hill music and check out the antics after the jump.

Source: [YouTube]

1. Devin says:

"Leave me alone I know what I'm doing."

2. MVEilenstein says:

This is the old corner, before it was reprofiled in 1990. He was hoping to get back on the asphalt and rejoin the track by using the old track, which is now a holding area for support cars, I think.

He said after the race that the gate was open last time he did that, and I can understand wanting to stay off the grass and mud.

3. Manic_King says:

"I went off at the last corner on lap 52 as I couldn't see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up," he said.
    "Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pitlane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time."
    "Next year I'll make sure it's open again."

4. alewifecove says:

He was just putting his WRC experience into practice

5. fodder650 says:

Because of him at the next race Pirelli will offer Soft, Super Soft, and Nobby tires as options.

6. JayP2112 says:

After his stint in NASCAR I became a Räikkönen fan. Old school- he'll drive anything with wheels.

Not a great race for Kimi. But he finished the season in third place, which is a whole lot more the Schumi managed in his coda. And Lotus in fourth. Grosjean did better than expected, but it was Kimi's overall consistency that's so impressive.