Home » Tech » Currently Reading:

Video: Need for Speed – Most Wanted trailer is correct way to capture our attention

Jeff Glucker October 22, 2012 Tech

The Need for Speed franchise has been around for quite some time now. With each new release, we delve further into on-road shenanigans at the helm of an assortment of highly hoonable machines. The latest version is called Most Wanted and has you running from the cops… which really isn’t a surprise for a Need for Speed game.

To introduce the latest version, the NSF team put together a trailer video. It starts off with a tense standoff between the fun and the fuzz, but that tension is broken by an unlikely source. Click past the break to check it out…

[Source: YouTube]

1. JayP2112 says:

This will be the first new game I'll buy since GT5.

2. Scandinavian Flick says:

I have been incredibly disappointed with the last few games in the NFS franchise, and I loathe Electronic Arts in general, so I am not even sure what it will take to convince me to buy anything new from them ever again.

• JayP2112 says:

This was developed by Criterion and started out as Burnout Paradise 2. That game rocked hence my enthusiasm.

• pj134 says:

The whole "HEY THIS IS A SERIOUS/ARCADE HYBRID RACING GAME!" doesn't really work for me when you can take every turn sideways and 20000 mph without touching your brakes.

I'll take Forza 4 for my serious, thank you. I'm not sold on Horizon yet though.

• Scandinavian Flick says:

That's my problem with it as well. It's like a game that doesn't know what it wants to be. Even if it did, the driving dynamic is so atrocious that it makes it nearly unplayable. I hooked up my Playstation to play NFSIII:HP just to check that it wasn't always like that. Maybe I was just growing sick of it… It wasn't. Today's NFS games are terrible by comparison.

I bought NFS:HP (the latest one) at full price. I don't think I have ever had that much regret per dollar spent…

• Dean Bigglesworth says:

The only good NFS games were the first one, and i thought Porsche Unleashed was pretty good too. Back in 2000.

• Scandinavian Flick says:

NFSIII Hot Pursuit remains one of my favorite games of all time. A big part of the reason though was split screen racing where you could be the cop and chase your friends.

What the hell ever happened to split screen games!?! I have no interest in playing online with a bunch of little pre-teen, foul-mouthed douche bags. I want to play head to head with my friends like I used to…

• Devin says:

I kinda like the newest HP, though I didn't pay full price, but they did take it too seriously. I don't want a big open world like they set up, I want clever and crazy tracks in different environments. It's a silly arcade premise, they need to have fun with it.

Also, like you, I could not give less of a crap about online features.

• Scandinavian Flick says:

I haaaaaaaate the method of pulling people over in the latest one. Oh, just hit the car hard 5 times. What happened to pulling in front of them and slowing them down enough? At the point which I realized I was actually yelling at the screen for the first time in my life, I had a flood of self awareness, put the game on the shelf and never touched it since.

The increased focus on online gaming is what has made me abandon gaming for the most part. I just lost interest.

• Devin says:

That didn't bother me because I grew up with Chase HQ and I bought it mostly to smash stuff if I was feeling frustrated that day. The Autolog nonsense is super annoying and pointless though.

You'd think that with the mass adoption of wide screen TVs it'd be easier to do split screen, but nope. Multiplayer is only fun when the people are in the same room and you know them.

• Dean Bigglesworth says:

It can be fun online too, just set up a private game and use headsets. Though i've only done that once, and the headset stopped working so for most of the game we spoke on the phone instead.

• Dean Bigglesworth says:

I enjoyed online gaming much more in the late nineties. At least until mom picked up the phone and the connection was lost.

• BobWellington says:

I got the latest one as well. I lost interest in it after 5 minutes. The steering was a joke. My favorite NFS is HP 2 on PS2 (the PS2 version is different than the other console and PC versions). NFS III: HP is amazing as well.

3. pj134 says:

First time I've seen something with attitude from EA since my beloved…

[youtube kFkxYUxxtD4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFkxYUxxtD4 youtube]

• Dean Bigglesworth says:

Holy shit that game was awesome. I played the pc-version for hours on end, even though i only had the demo version from one of those compact disks with demos that used to come with gaming mags.

4. Rust-MyEnemy says:

"Well I do believe I got me my first UFO sighting".

NFS1 will always be dear to me. I've not been remotely moved by anything since then.

So, the Corvette's rear suspension can really handle jumping that curb? Good to know. Not sure how I might put that to use.

6. Biking Games says:

Excellent ad! Wonder how much Ford paid for that

7. Stave123 says:

I almost agree, but it seems that split screen type play is out of date. I doubt developers see the need for it anymore considering that console companies are practically forcing everyone online these days plagiarism detector

8. Truck Game says:

9. blsasa says:

FIFA fourteen is a video video game based on virtual of soccer developed by EA sports. Within this video game any single may cause their very own team also have fun with it. FIFA 14 coin generator is an instrument utilized in this online game to get away FIFA money to develop the team with out spending money or is not sometimes enjoying lengthy hours to acquire your coins and also build a great FIFA team. Go away FIFA 14 coin generator here FIFA 14 COIN GENERATOR