Home » Awesome Auction Action »For Sale »Hooniverse Truck Thursday » Currently Reading:

1975 International Harvester Pickup is Probably Cleaner than when it Left the Factory

1975 International Harvester PIckup for sale

It’s late in the day for Truck Thursday, but this listing for a ’75 IH Pickup for sale ends tomorrow and is probably worth rolling past your eyes. ‘Binders typically saw a thankless life of brutal dirty work before being mercy-killed for parts so that others might live. Not so much with this one.

Metaphorically speaking, this thing’s a pack mule that’s lived its whole life indoors dining on people food. The seller rarely drives it because he lives down 3 miles of dirt road, and he’s compelled never to put it away dirty. Not only is it ridiculously clean, it’s the most sissified decked out I-H truck ever produced: automatic, AC, decals, power everything and a deluxe interior.

As I’m typing this, it’s sitting a little over $10k with the reserve already met. We all know I can’t be trusted around pretty, expensive 4x4s, so I’ll let the Hooniverse hive mind say what it will about the price. Apparently the seller has a few other I-H beasts he’ll be unloading as well. Maybe you could work out some kind of bulk deal…

1975 International Harvester Pickup - eBay Motors

1975 International Harvester 4x4

1. Irishzombieman says:

Dang. I had an old Wagoneer. And I had an old IH truck. If you do a post about a '78 New Yorker, I'm going to go buy a lottery ticket.

2. Scoutdude says:

This truck has a lot of modifications to it. The clearance lights while IH were not factory installed as they were only on the dual wheel vehicles, though you could order them from the neccessaries catalog. The stripe is based on the Scout II one but was never offered on pickups.

It is far from being loaded, the exterior lacks either the deluxe exterior trim package which included aluminum trim near the bottom or the custom trim package which would have included two tone with the break at the deluxe trim's lower trim and at the top by the unique custom aluminum trim .

The interior is the deluxe as it has the rubber floor mat, the custom came with carpet and a padded horn button that covers part of the spokes and also would have included the buckets and console.

$12K is all the money in the world for that truck and I'd be really surprised to see it go for more than that.

• longrooffan says:

Based on your name Scoutdude, I have no reason to doubt your claims. Hell, even I thought those side decals were from a late model Scout II, but damn it sure is a nice looking truck.

And what is that in the background through the passenger window? A quad cab Cornbinder?

I suspect we can probably thank the ever cool Missus for this one. Thanks.

• Batshitbox says:

Yeah, in the questions section of the ad he says he has a crew cab 4WD with the 5 speed, and a Travelall and a half. Also someone corrected him about the marker lights, and he mentions the 'custom made' Scout Rallye decals (which are available online.)

• Scoutdude says:

On the factory Scout II Rallye stripe the Rallye was on the front fender not the rear. I also noticed a few other "problems" a diesel style "pull to stop" knob where the choke control would be on a 72 or earlier that didn't have CA emissions or the optional automatic choke. The horn button is from a 69-71 or earlier as it has the man on the tractor logo which disappeared for the 72 model year.

Besides the Scout II's I've got 4 different versions of the full size offerings from 71-73 so I do know a thing or two about them.

• Scoutdude says:

One thing I forgot to mention is that this is the rarest configuration of the 69-75 IH pickup. The 75 production was stopped part way through the model year and has the lowest overall production numbers. The 5' box is pretty rare as it wasn't offered in all of those years though you most often find it with 4wd.

• Batshitbox says:

I gotta wonder how much that second tank holds, and where. I'm guessing not much, since it seems to be in the firewall-wheel well area. (My parts book is only for Scouts.)

• Irishzombieman says:

Odd place to put one. Old school reserve tank, maybe?

Mine had three: the original, then a monstrous 30-gallon aftermarket sucker in the spare tire hole and one in the cab behind the seat. Total capacity something like 65 gallons. That last one kept me from smoking while driving.

• Scoutdude says:

It is a nominal 17 gallon tank, it actually is basically a mirror image of the main tank on the passenger side and is the under cab extending to slightly under the bed. The tiny one is the main tank in my Travelette, the official name of the crew cab, which for some unexplainable reason the utility that ordered it downsized from that standard 17 gal passenger side tank to a 13 gallon unit. I guess when you have a pump at the base and can fill it up every day it isn't that bad but still I don't understand why in the heck you'd opt for a smaller than standard tank.

• danleym says:

"The interior is deluxe as it has the rubber floor mat"

Anyone else notice this? That's just awesome, when getting the deluxe accoutrements means rubber floor mats. I want an IH. So bad. (Just don't have 12K to drop on one at the moment…)

• danleym says:

Close enough to be dangerous. I don't think I'd buy a flatbed, though. And a "project truck" would be a bad idea right now. I'm barely finding enough time to keep my Spirit on the road and still stay happily married, too. On the other hand, how wrong can you go for $600?

Dammit, now I think I'm going to go look at the local craigslist for Binders. Your fault.

• scoutdude says:

Yup for many years and I may be wrong about the 75 bare steel floors is what you got if you didn't order one of the interior packages or the rubber mat or carpet individually. In the case of my Travelall the person who ordered it downgraded to the rubber floor mat from the custom interior's carpet only in the front seat area. I call it the mullet interior, business in the front and party in the back.

It looks almost too good to use – and that would be a shame.

4. MVEilenstein says:

Bro truck?

5. Scoutdude says:

Well the verdict is in just over $11k which to me is a little steep for something that isn't 100% stock nor built for serious off roading, but hopefully the new owner will be happy with it.