Home » All Things Hoon » Currently Reading:

Video: A video game modder adds time-traveling Delorean into GTA universe

Jeff Glucker August 29, 2012 All Things Hoon

So, I know a few of you out there enjoy the wide gamut of virtual awesome that is the world of video games. I do as well, but I primarily stick to consoles. Still, I take in the world of PC games by way of YouTube videos showing me everything that I’m missing. Well, now I’ve finally realized just how much that is exactly thanks to a Redditor by the name of SeedyOne.

This crafty sonofabitch has created a mod for Grand Theft Auto that adds in Marty McFly and his time-traveling Delorean. He didn’t simply reskin a vehicle in the game, he modeled the entire exterior and interior of the vehicle, including the flux capacitor. Not only that, he made it so that you can time travel within the game.

You can time travel within the game…

One more time, you can time travel within the game.

Now, if SeedyOne could just find a way to port over Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, and some other game that involves flying cars in the future, and we’d be looking at a full-blown Back to the Future tribute series.

Click past the break for the clip

[Source: YouTube via Reddit]

1. Jeff_Glucker says:

The modder would like to note that he couldn't have done this without the help from many other talented folks – you can see a list of all of them on the YouTube page for the video.

2. taborj says:

I think you mean Copernicus.

Well, I guess it depends on what time you're in.

• BlackIce_GTS says:

As a kid, I could never figure out why he changed the dog's name.
      He didn't, Copernicus got old and died.
      : (

3. FrankTheCat says:

LA Noire has a port. not a very good one, but it has a port.

4. Jeff appreciate your concepts as well! Just a quick note to tell you that I have a passion for the topic "Time traveling" at hand. Thanks man!!!!!!!

5. Freebies says:

What a magnificent car games it is! I was looking this sort of games for a long time and finally i got this. So now there will be lot more fun with this video games as well and hopefully i will enjoy this very nicely. Thanks

6. jtenedero0 says:

GTA is also one of the most popular PC games of all time and it has also several quests and missions that you need to do to finish the game. And I also know some cheats in GTA.

Racing Games

7. Arnold says:

Never thought a modder would add time travelling into GTA. GTA is all about our current generation which doesn't have time travel, but it's probably fun.