Home » eBay Insanity »For Sale » Currently Reading:

A 1977 Dodge Charger on eBay that was awarded to Playmate of the Year Patti McGuire

Well, I must be on a Playmate of the Year kick, as this is my third posting about this particular subject, but I can think of worse things to write about. We received this tip in the comments area of this posting from parkwood60 (Thanks Man!) about a particular Dodge Charger that was awarded in 1977 to a Playmate of the year, and it’s kinda cheap. Take a look for yourself…

According to the listing:

There is only one of these in the world! Here is your chance to own a piece of Playboy history and enjoy a very desirable car.
The Tradition of Playboy giving its playmate of the year (PMOY) a car began in 1964
This is the 14thcar of only 48 that have been presented to Playboy’s infamous Playmate of the Year. With the slower economy, there was not a car awarded this year (2012).

This 1977 Dodge Midnight Charger was presented to Patti McGuire, 1977 Playmate of the Year by Hugh Hefner.
Patti has been married to tennis legend, Jimmy Connors for 30 years. We purchased the car directly from Patti 34 years ago. This was the first car presented to the PMOY at the Playboy Mansion West is Holmby Hills, Ca. This car has never left Southern California.

White on white, with landau top and burgundy pin striping. White leather interior seating. Has been on non-op since 1999. Title is clear. Basically the car is a number 3, nothing is missing. It will need hoses, belts, water pump and the transmission serviced because it has been sitting in our garage for some time. I replaced the carburetor 2 years ago. Some slight rust spots, nothing structural on top of trunk channel.The quarter panels and frame are good.

Hefner upgraded the stock wheels to chrome wire wheels for Patti. They need replacing. Tires are good. He also added the red pinstripping and custom mirrors after the photo shoot. She starts right up, runs smooth and drives. It has both of the original Playboy symbols on the car. 88,350 original miles. The current registration is on non-op. There are no back fees or penalties due.

Also included is the Playboy magazine from June, 1977 showing Patti and this car. Patti has also autographed the cover page and the page with the photo of the car & the winner of this car will be escorted to the Playboy mansion in Holmby Hills, Ca for a tour of the famous grotto and grounds.

NOTE! The first photo of the car with Patti is a stock photo when the car was new in 1977. Included it to demonstrate its authenticity. All other photos are current today. Car can be verified of authenticity by staff at the Playboy Mansion. Would like to keep this car in Southern California. Would be a perfect car for a television restoration show! I am moving out of California soon and must sell her. Somebody is going to have this sweet piece of history.

Current bid (with over 3 days to go) is $3,900. There looks to be a lot of work ahead to bring this car into satisfactory condition, which can get very expensive. So is this car worth anything above and beyond what a normal 1977 Charger would bring, and would you even consider owning a piece of Malaise Era History? See the listing here, and tell me what you think.

1. bzr says:

Better wipe off the seats, and all that.

You know, cuz they're all covered in dust.

2. Devin says:

I would not pose naked for this car.

3. MVEilenstein says:

I love that interior.

4. RegalRegalia says:

Why am I attracted most strongly to Chrysler's worst products? I need this.

5. safetystephen says:

A non-runner from a breed beset with woes? Call me a coward, but an emphatic NO!

6. mr. mzs zsm msz esq says:

I read this as: Bid now on a private tour of the Playboy mansion and grotto, with a free car thrown in! Hey it worked for the HOLLYWOOD sign…

• OA5599 says:

I was thinking the same thing. Millionaires and celebrities regularly get to hang out at the mansion, but how often does a hoon with a net worth of $4K get to snort coke off a playmate's ass?

There's a non-PMOY version of this on ebay right now in much better condition and with a low-mileage crate engine for non-Malaise power. Nobody has yet placed the $4200 starting bid on it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Dodge-Charger

Note: when I was 11 years old, this playmate's husband came to town for a tennis function, got lost, saw me outside and asked for directions. I'm pretty sure I sent him towards the wrong destination. I don't remember what he drove, but it certainly didn't have rabbit head emblems on its flanks.

7. Joe Dunlap says:

Pretty craptastic if you ask me. I'd just as soon have an unrestored Pinto or Vega from this year. The Malaise Era earned its reputation the old fashioned way. One POS at a time.

8. Marc says:

Wow everyone seems to be pretty down on this car – I'd be proud to drive it – it's a bucket and console Charger for christ's sake. I can't believe some of the crap that people actually have the audacity to call a muscle car these days – this is a lot closer to being a muscle car than most of the POSs that are for sale out there in Craigslist land and it has a real history taboot – bet it goes for around $7500 but I'm not going to follow it – guess I don't really care.

9. albert terry says:

ive got a 77 se im restoring now and it is a beutiful car! i hav a 318, with a 727 torqe flight. it has 82,000 miles and the engine is just getting broken in. i ghoing to paint it aztec bronze, and have new vinal top and dash installed.3 weeks after i bought the car, i had a guy beatting down my front door trying to buy it off me for 3 times what i paid for it. with the economy being slow, i probly should have done a quick flip on it, but i know if i sold it, id never find another one in this good a shape for the price i got it for. awesome-al, alcoholic rockstar, sexual-ninja.