Home » 24 Hours of Lemons »Craigslist Phantastico »For Sale »Wagon Wednesday » Currently Reading:

Attention California 24-Hours-of-LeMons Teams: Instant IOE Winner on Craigslist!

Don't get too excited, this isn't the car for sale.

We just received this tip at Hooniverse Central from voodoojoo (Thanks, man), and it is just the type of car fervent enthusiasts of the 24 Hours of LeMons participants search for. It’s European, it has a two-cylinder two four stroke engine, it’s relatively complete, it has a rusty patina, it’s a wagon, and the asking price is $500. Presenting your next Index of Effluency winner, the Lloyd Alexander TS Kombi.

The Lloyd Alexander TS was produced between 1957 and 1961. There were 3 different models available including a 2-door coupe, a 2-door Kombi, and a 2-door commercial van. All were powered by a 596cc inline two-cylinder air cooled four stroke engine, that produced 25hp. This car had a top speed of 100kph (or 62mph), so don’t buy it if you’re looking for the overall win.

Is the car complete? The listing doesn’t specify, but so what? There is so much win to this car. First, its a Kombi (wagon), second, the doors are suicide doors, third, the engine is air-cooled (no radiator to bother with), and fourth, well just look at it! You can view the listing here.

Lead Image Courtesy of John McCulloch

1. Jeremy Wilson says:

YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES

2. raphaelinberlin says:

So pleased! Wenn ich nur ein Goggomobil finden koennte, oder besser, ein Kabinenroller, aber die Sicherheitspruefung koennte problematisch sein…

3. Rockford_Brodie says:

I'll pass. The last time I was in one of these I got a head full of zombie.

4. Maymar says:

Is it wrong I'm thinking this needs a Harley-Davidson engine? I know there are much better choices, I just want to hear the Harley 'potato' exhaust coming out of this.

5. Van Sarockin says:

Wow. That makes a Borgward Isabella look like a Vanden Plas Princess.

6. jeremy says:

there was an electric one for sale for damn nar a year not to long ago.
    it was blue, in toledo and had been swaped with an electric mill.

the guy was selling it for about 450. i went so far as to convince my sister to park it behind her house.

too bad im bared from buying anything for the next month.

• Maymar says:

You could hide it in the Panel Wagon, couldn't you? An electric one would be perfect for the zombpocalypse, since sound attracts zombies.

7. Jim-Bob says:

I want this not for LeMons, but for my daily driver! It would be so cool with a modern engine swap ( Suzuki G10 anyone?) and a modern chassis ( Geo Metro) underneath. The wagon body would let me deliver plenty of pizzas with it and I could paint it a cool 50's pastel color for just the right look. I want it! (sadly, the 5 other cars I have won't let me have any more…)

8. OA5599 says:

If someone put this car on the track, I wonder how long it would take for the Lemons perps to rewrite the rules to ban suicide doors.

9. Gearhead says:

Lloyd-a-Busa?

10. dustin_driver says:

From Wikipedia:

In the vernacular, the Lloyd 300 was called "Leukoplastbomber" due to the owners' habit of repairing nicks in the fabric of the body with sticking plaster called LEUKOPLAST. A contemporary derisive verse went "Wer den Tod nicht scheut, fährt Lloyd" ("He who is not afraid of death, drives a Lloyd").

11. zaddikim says:

An old Honda 650 would be a perfect transplant, wouldn't it? Of course, the 6'er from the GoldWing would be friggin' awesome…

12. sh0rtlife says:

i think some micro car fans would lynch someone for taking this to lemons………there VERY rare and ive come pretty close to being lynched for doing what i did to mine…..full alfa milano platinum running gear and suspension…..lookup "58 lloyd eurosled" on youtube

BTW someone got the details SERIOUSLY wrong only if its an alexander does it have 25hp..otherwise its 19….and its NOT a 2stroke its a 4 stroke overhead cam air cooled 600cc FWD 4sp 0-60 in 60 with a top speed of 61-65mph….and there was also more body styles