Home » Craigslist Phantastico »For Sale » Currently Reading:

Someone Buy This Subaru 360

Just look at that face. How can you say no?

This beautiful little Subaru 360 has been sitting on Craigslist for sale for some time now. And the longer it sits there, the longer our beloved damnElantra™ starts going crazy.

Minor work required, but the seller says it runs.

For those of you who know damnElantra™, aka Jeremy!, you’ll be aware of his crazed, all-consuming obsession love for strange and unique cars or mini-cars. He also has a unique ability to tempt me with postings on my Facebook wall, featuring strange military vehicles, unique vans, classic Ramblers or what-have-you that are wholly impractical and totally inappropriate for me to purchase, but for which I would gladly trade my firstborn — or, for that matter, someone else’s firstborn — for a chance to own.

This little Subaru is having a similar effect on Jeremy; as such, someone needs to buy it. We can’t help but think the $2750 asking price is a bit… optomistic. Nonetheless, it would be a pretty wicked project car. Just think how much fun it would be with the flat-four from a WRX STi stuffed in there somehow. Now quick, someone shell out the cash before Jeremy does.

1. Paul Y. says:

I'd kill to have one of these.

I had seen somewhere an image of one of these in the back of a full-size pickup (which, naturally, I cannot find), but this is an adequate substitute: http://www.oddjobmotors.com/images/subaruontruck….

…and while googling, I found this: http://minitruckin.automotive.com/113160/0909mt-1
    Lowrider with a VW motor. Good god.

2. continuation of the van tags FTW!

Jeremy should just buy this… no different then either os us other SoCal fools doing so! We'll all bring beer, wrenches and jack stands to help out!!

(seriously I love the idea of this as a daily… the 65 is gonna be a little thirsty for me driving all about for worky work)

3. Not a very convincing Japanese name this "3-6-0". It lacks that certain deeply buried homo erotic undertone that most of these Japanese suits come up with. Like the "Every Joypop 4WD Turbo"! What the eff is a Joypop?

4. superbadd75 says:

Hayabusa swap? I think maybe so!

5. Texan_Idiot25 says:

I'd carry it around in the back of my truck. When I need to zip around fuel efficiently, just lower the bed, few 2x4s, and deploy this little guy out

6. tenbeers says:

I'm picturing it in World Rally Blue, staccato 2 liter turbo boxer exhaust note, white 15" gravel wheels, and sitting at the start line for Targa Newfoundland.

7. Mad_Science says:

Who else's firstborn…?

I've already committed mine for the BMW 3.8 CSL.

8. Thrashy says:

I was all set to resign myself to not buying it, but then I saw that it's got suicide doors on the front. So, uh, anybody got some cash to loan me?

9. dmilligan says:

It's cute, but I don't think I could get one of my feet in it, much less the rest of me. I'm a bit on the tall and large size.

10. Oh for crap's sake, SOMEONE has to buy it. And do it soon, because I don't want to drive it to Indiana.

11. Alff says:

Judging from the car in the street, this guy is wholly committed to obscure and absurd early Subies. I'm staying away, just in case it's contagious.

I can think of many awesome things that could be done with this. Fortunately, I lack the skills to bring them to life.

12. Wasn't it just a week or so ago, that people chipped in to buy that guy an engine for his Accord wagon….. I'd double the donation I made to that for Jeremy! to purchase this!

(provided we get pictures, and in the one-in-a-million chance I'm ever close to where he lives, I get a ride around the block in it)

13. That headline + that picture = Automotive Blog Perfection

14. andy wallwhore says:

How can you not love it, it's almost three quarters symmetrical. Not what I picture when imagining a 360 (2 year import in the us and 2.2k sold explains that), was there ever a wagon variant?

• Joe Dunlap says:

Ummmm, it ISa wagon?? Seriously, there was a pickup version of this also. A local florist in my hometown used one just like this for deliverys for quite a few years in the 60's and 70s.

15. discontinuuity says:

If only I had $2700 or lived in SoCal. But if someone does want to make a pool to buy it, I'd chip in a few bucks.

16. MrGoodCat says:

I need to move to Cali, only for the amount of craigslist awesomeness.

17. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by SubaruFreak, Hooniverse. Hooniverse said: From the Hooniverse:: Someone Buy This Subaru 360 http://hooniverse.com/blog/2010/01/27/someone-buy-this-subaru-360/ [...]

18. [...] blog – Coker Tire » The 2009 Coker Tire Challenge NASCAR Hauler Parade 2009 : Skid Pans Someone Buy This Subaru 360 : Hooniverse Teamsters fight Chrysler, GM cuts | 1853 Chairman ★ Top Brand Trailer Car Haulers, ★ [...]

19. Scotti says:

Give me a couple months to save the cash and I'll make an offer [with the reassurance that it'll make the drive to NY state]. I see that the Craigslist ad has expired though.

20. jlopezr.com says:

Still for sale guys, I have had offers but no one commits.

21. Sportcyc says:

Is that bus still for sale, anyone have the craigslist link?

22. tony j says:

Hi im Tony and im from San Diego , I was wondering if you still have the van for sale and if so If you can give me a call at 858 688 0459

23. annie Green says: